This little mission I’m on to convert our (small) outdoor space into a toddler’s natural play wonderland is slowly taking shape …and I’m pretty proud of this effort!
– a small section of empty fence line between our vegie/herb pots and the sandpit shell
– a pile of left over bricks with strips of white waterproof tape
– 2 small bags of different rocks from the hardware store
– a 2 year old lad getting right into the ‘cars ‘n things that go’ world… and collecting sticks, tree bark and rocks on every walk!
– to maximise every inch of our outdoor area
– to take advantage of the section of fence line being on a slight slope towards the drain, collecting rainwater from the whole strip of units alongside us – by creating a pebble/rock/stick river,
– to create a play space incorporating loads of natural loose parts – which can be added to over time,
– for the fence itself to form a kind of bridge over the road with sticks and other ‘bits’…
– potential to change and morph the area as our little cutie’s interests and skills develop 🙂
Thanks for visiting Kids Play Space!