The moment I decided to make as many ‘play spaces’ for little B. as I could myself … at least to far out number the big brand, big money making toy company items… was the moment our home became a quasi recycling plant. Seriously, sometimes our living space resembles a recycling junk yard after a hard session at play… which actually brings a big smile to my face:-)
So, here’s a (non -exclusive) list of items worth keeping.
- bottle tops
- plastic and jar lids
- plastic containers with lids,
- tins with lids,
- shoe boxes/ other interestingly shaped boxes
- beer bottle tops
- bread plastic toggles (??!!)
- nappy boxes
- cardboard cylinders (foil/glad wrap/ wrapping paper)
- orange/onion mesh bags – or at least the material cut as neatly as possible
- old gift wrapping paper, cards, bags, ribbons,
- post packs/bubble wrap, post cylinders,
- old sticky tape reels
- egg carton
… oh the list could go on and on and on….!!!!!!!
- mesh laundry bags,
- ‘art stuff’ (stickers, crayons, paint, brushes…)
- pipe cleaners, glitter, bells, other arty bits and bobs…
Apart from these things, I just try to use normal, everyday, household, nature related, and stationary items.
Oh, and a digital camera or phone that takes photos is indispensable!!