It took about 3 minutes to grab the icky bath suction pieces and a few cleaning items outdoors to set them up for a little sensory, water play activity that actually created cleanliness rather than mess! Win!!
– plastic container from the recycling tub
– pouring jug & a bucket of water (to fill the little container with water)
– about 1/3 cup white vinegar
– about 1/3 cup bicarbonate of soda
– an unused/old/ cheap toothbrush for cleaning
– 1/2 a lemon (or orange) … or more…
We both loved seeing the water bubble and fizz when the bicarb soda was added!
We let them soak a bit, and B had fun making trips to the bucket of water to fill his little pouring jug.
Scrubbing the dirt off took practise and patience, but I was impressed with his attention and perseverance! …hmmm… left hander today…
Do your kids love cleaning and helping out too?
Thanks for visiting Kids’ Play Space!