During our month long trip to visit family in Europe, it was our large family suitcase that intrigued our 9-10month old boy like a mini-portable playground!
What’s so great about the ‘Suitcase Baby Gym’ idea?
- For pre-walkers, it is great for practising standing (strength and balance), side stepping, and crawling up and over!
- It is perfect for travelling! It is going to be transported anyway; no ‘special’ equipment needs to be packed!
- The suitcase design provides fun, ‘play space barriers’ to dangerous (non childproof) areas – e.g. moving the suitcase around to block doorways.
- The top surface of the suitcase makes for a great little play table;
- The inside of the case can be easily converted into a comfortable ‘quiet spot’ with a blanket, soft toys, etc…
- The case is also an awesome hiding spot for toys, but most importantly…
- There is no rush to pack the case away once home again either! Let the “Suitcase Baby Gym” party continue until either you or your little one are tired of it or your child outgrows it (moving about more confidently by walking/climbing).